Christ Church Chester has adopted the Church of England’s National Safeguarding Policy Statement for children, young people and adults. You can see this here: Safeguarding Policy (2017). The procedures we follow are outlined here: Parish Safeguarding Handbook (August 2019). If you want to contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Team you can find out more here: Diocesan Safeguarding Team (External link).
Everyone at Christ Church shares a responsibility to care for and to protect children and adults who are involved in our activities.
- Promote a safe environment and culture
- Safely recruit and support all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
- Respond promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Care pastorally for victims/ survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Care pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/ allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Respond to those who may pose a risk at present
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from the Safeguarding Team below or, if necessary, report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services.
IF THERE IS IMMEDIATE RISK OR DANGER, CONTACT THE POLICE WITHOUT DELAY ON 999.
- Pauline Jones, Lead Safeguarding Officer, 07526 466 770, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brigid Murphy, Safeguarding Officer, 07523 074 346, email@example.com
- Tim Longman, Safeguarding Officer, 07864 978 748, firstname.lastname@example.org
Health and Safety
Our Health and Safety policy can be found here: Health and Safety Policy (May 2019)
Expense Claim Forms
If you volunteer with us and need to claim expenses please fill out the expenses form and email it to: email@example.com. You can find the form here: Volunteer Expenses
If you are a member of staff, an intern, or you are taking part in placement scheme with us, please complete the staff expenes form and pass this to your line-manager to be countersigned. You can find the form here: Staff Expenses
If you are claiming mileage from the church, the right form is here: Mileage Expenses
The Generosity Fund is part of the church budget that has been set aside to support other people, projects and organisations. You can find out more here: Generosity Fund Application