If you would like a sneak preview of the notices and save us paper, email email@example.com to add your name to the mailing list.
Sunday 25th February
|25th February (2nd of Lent)
Dethroning Mammon: Making Money Serve Grace
What we measure controls us
9.30 am Holy Communion Ralph Kemp & Graham Shaw
11.00 am Informal Worship Ralph Kemp & Graham Shaw
Reading Luke 18:35-19:10
7.00 pm Worship @ 7 Graham Shaw
Reading Luke 18:35-19:10
This week at Christ Church
|Sun 25th 11.00am Gems & Rocksolid Mission House
3.00pm Drop In Church
Mon 26th 7.00pm Alpha Mission House
Weds 28th 9.00am Study Café Mission House
7.00pm D’Biz Mission House
Fri 2nd 7.30pm Student Connect Group Mission House
- Worship @ 7: This Sunday evening 25th Spend the evening in reflection and informal worship at Christ Church. 7.00pm start.
- Host Team: Our 11.00am Host Team is looking to recruit new volunteers to greet people as they arrive at church for the service. This would mean arriving at church at around 10.45am, giving out the Notice Sheet and chatting to people, especially new faces. If you would be happy to help out once a month, please contact Amy Walker and let her know firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bring & Share: Next Sunday 4th March is Bring & Share Lunch day. Bring sweet or savoury treats to share.
- The Mean Bean Challenge: Following Ralph’s sermon on Sunday, ‘What we see we value’, a few people have asked for the Mean Bean Challenge link. You can find it here: https://www.tearfund.org/en/about_you/fundraise/mean_bean_challenge/. The official dates for the challenge are Monday 19th – Friday 23rd March, but it can be done anytime. It means five days of only water to drink, porridge made with water for breakfast and rice and beans with only salt to season, the basic normal diet of more than half the world. Money raised or saved is collected by Tearfund, a Christian charity working in Africa and around the world to lift people out of material and spiritual poverty, through a network of 100,000 local churches.
- Easter Choir: Following on from the success of the Christmas Choir, this year Christ Church is introducing the Easter Choir! No musical experience necessary just come along to rehearsals and worship the Lord. First practice is on Sunday 11th March 6.30pm and then each Sunday until the performance at the 10.30am joint Easter Sunday service on 1st For full details contact Dan email@example.com.
- Internships at Christ Church: If you would be interested in being an Intern at Christ Church for 2018/19, please speak to Ralph at church or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Details and application forms are available for download from the website www.christchurchchester.com/interns/. The deadline for applications is Friday 16th March and interviews will be held on the evenings of Monday 19th, Tuesday 20th and Wednesday 21st March. To gain some insight, speak to one of our current Interns Ed Newman, Dan Phillips or Denzel Collins.
- Christians on the Frontline: On Sundays in the summer term we are looking to interview Christians in prominent roles in different areas of work as part of our series entitled ‘Fruitfulness on the Frontline’. If you know of any who you think would be suitable, please could you let Ralph know on email@example.com.
- Study Café: Don’t forget the Mission House is open each Wednesday 9.00am – 5.00pm for anyone wishing to spend study/work time in a community quiet-space. Coffee, tea and prayer available throughout the day.
- Big Church Day Out: It’s coming to Cheshire again this year! 1st – 2nd June, close enough to go for the day, or come and camp with Christ Church on Friday and Saturday evenings. Let Eli Mitchell know if you’re interested or have questions (firstname.lastname@example.org) and sign up through Chester Diocese where tickets are only £28! (http://www.chester.anglican.org/mission/the-big-church-day-out/).
- Christian Mindfulness in Lent: 1st March 4.00pm – 3rd March 2.00pm at Foxhill House. £165 per person – includes en-suite accommodation, meals and refreshments. Led by the Revd Shaun Lambert. Mindfulness of God is a biblical and historical spirituality within Christianity. As we focus our attention on God we begin to be transformed along with our relationships. In this retreat Shaun will explore this transformation in depth in an interactive and dialogic way with simple practices to follow. http://www.foxhillchester.co.uk/calendar/event.php?event=73
- Chester Bible Focus: Tuesday 6th and Wednesday 7th March at All Saints Church, Hoole at 7.30pm. Johnathan Lamb will be speaking on “Reading Between the Lines”. Two evenings exploring God’s providence, grace and purposes through the book of Ruth. Tickets £3 for one evening or 35 for both. Refreshments included. For full details visit www.chesterbiblefocus.org.uk.
- Reconciliation – Mending Broken Relationships with Acorn Christian Healing Foundation: Foxhill House, Thursday 8th March £27.50 including lunch and refreshments. Led by the Revd Wes Sutton. This day will explore the process by which individuals and church communities can understand what is happening in times of conflict, and teach them how to find the appropriate and biblical mechanisms of handling ‘difference’ before it becomes destructive. This interactive day provides both a biblical and theoretical framework for engaging with conflict and approaches to transforming the relationships involved. http://www.foxhillchester.co.uk/whats-on/acorn-/. For booking forms for all Foxhill House events please contact: email@example.com Tel: 01928 733777.
- Vacancy at Foxhill: A reliable and competent part-time (15 hours /week) gardener/handyperson is required to join the small team at Foxhill House. The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of gardening care and maintenance with the ability to undertake minor repairs and painting within the house. Sympathy with the Christian aims and objectives of Foxhill is essential. Salary: £16,587 (FTE) – actual salary for 15 hours £7,108. Further details and Application packs are downloadable from http://www.chester.anglican.org/support-services/job-vacancies/diocesan-vacancies/ or phone 01928 718834. Informal conversations are welcomed with the Foxhill Director, Revd Jonathon Green on 01928 733777. Further details of Foxhill may be found at foxhillconferences.co.uk. Closing date: 28th February. Interviews: 9th March.
- West Cheshire Foodbank: The February Newsletter is available at https://westcheshire.foodbank.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/62/2018/02/February-2018.pdf
AND THE USUAL…
- Vicar, Rev Graham Shaw contact details: 57 Black Diamond Park, Newtown, Chester CH1 3ET (Graham’s day off is Friday) Phone (01244) 325302, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Associate Vicar, Rev Ralph Kemp contact details: Phone 07762 847211, email email@example.com
- Administrator, Carys Addison: If you wish to contact the church on any administration matters or if you have any notices for inclusion in future notice sheets, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07443 584528 and leave a message. (Wednesday noon is the deadline for notices). Office days: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Sunday School: During the 11.00am service, Christ Church operates two children’s groups, Gems, the younger group is aimed at ages 2-6 years (under 2’s welcome with an accompanying adult). Rocksolid, the older group is for children aged 6 plus. For babies and under 2’s, there is a purpose built Crèche area in the vestry, complete with a TV link to the service. For further details, speak to Chloë Bayfield and Beatrix Calow email@example.com
- Drop In: For information about Drop In, please contact Mattie Reilly: firstname.lastname@example.org
- D’Biz: For enquiries about our youth group, contact Eli Mitchell: email@example.com or Denzel Collins firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Connect Groups: Joining a Christ Church Connect Group is a great way to enjoy mid-week fellowship and Bible study. If you are interested and would like more information, please phone or text our Connect Group Coordinator, Anne Green on 07592 050040
- Giving at Christ Church: Giving or tithing is an important part of being a member of a church. At Christ Church we don’t take a collection at the 11.00am service, but you can give either via the donation box at the back of church, directly via the ‘4 Ways to Give’ page of the website, or by setting up a standing order at your bank. Forms are also available on the website; go to ‘Giving’ then ‘4 Ways to Give’. www.christchurchchester.com
- Text Giving: Don’t forget you can now donate to Christ Church via your mobile. Just text CHCH33 £3 to 70070 and you will donate £3 to Christ Church.
- Expense claims and other administration paperwork: Please place in the postbox marked ‘Church Admin’ in the vestry on the wall by the safe. Alternatively, post through the Mission House letterbox.
- Email Addresses: If you stop using an email address regularly and/or have a new one that you do use most days, could you please let Carys know. Likewise if you change your address or phone number. This helps to keep the Church Contact Database up to date. Contact details you give are strictly for church use and will not be shared with any third parties.
- Church Website: Our website has a backlog of past sermons, and information about what’s going on at church on www.christchurchchester.com. You can also follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/christchurchchester), Twitter (www.twitter.com/ChChChester) and Instagram www.instagram.com/christchurchchester
- Hearing Loop: A Hearing or Induction Loop takes a sound source and transfers it directly to a hearing aid without background noise, interference or acoustical distortion. This facility is available at Christ Church, but please be aware that it is not compatible with the music microphone system at the 11 o’clock service.