If you would like a sneak preview of the notices and save us paper, email email@example.com to add your name to the mailing list.
Sunday 26th January 2020
26th January (3rd of Epiphany)
The Values of Jesus
Love and Courage
9.30 am Holy Communion Graham Shaw & Ralph Kemp
11.00 am Informal Worship with the Dedication of Seth Peto Graham Shaw & Ralph Kemp
Readings Luke 10:25-37
Coming up at Christ Church
|Sun 26th Jan 11.00am Gems, Rocksolid & Crypt Mission House & Church
3.00pm Drop In Church
Mon 20th Jan 7.30pm Alpha Course Mission House
- Dedication: This Sunday 26th January at the 11.00am service, Tom and Tasha will be bringing their beautiful son, Seth Thomas Peto to be dedicated. Please pray for the family as Sunday approaches and support them at the service as Seth is dedicated to God and welcomed into our church family.
- New Operations Coordinator: This Monday 27th January, we are very pleased to be welcoming Alec Spencer, our newly-appointed Operations Coordinator to the staff team. Alec can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07312 106356 and please pray for him as he takes on this brand new role.
- Alpha: The Alpha Course 2020 at Christ Church will run for ten weeks and begins this Monday 27th January 7.30pm at the Mission House. If you are interested in exploring the Christian faith and what it does/could mean to you, contact Tobi at email@example.com for details. Please be thinking and praying about who you might like to invite along. A meal will be provided so please don’t eat before you arrive!
- Cooking for Alpha: If anyone is prepared to cook meals for Alpha, please let Liz Matthews know at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will give you dates. Don’t forget that you can claim expenses back so please keep your receipts.
- Christ Church Leaders’ Day: Don’t forget, this event is on Saturday 1st February at The Firs School (CH2 2HJ) with refreshments from 9.00am for a 9.30am start. Lunch will be provided, and the day will finish around 3.30pm. To confirm your place, please let Carys know as soon as possible for catering purposes at email@example.com and please advise of any dietary requirements.
- Worship @ 7 Refreshed: This term’s series of four Worship @ 7 services will be slightly different from previous services. Beginning on Sunday 9th February, instead of following the topics from the morning services, we will be looking at them in a slightly different way. The first service is titled ‘Christians and Debt’… 7.00pm at Christ Church.
- Term Cards: If you don’t already have one, don’t forget to pick up the new Term Card this Sunday. It takes us through the new sermon series ‘The Values of Jesus’ and includes the Easter 2020 services. Why not take a few extra and give them out to family and friends.
- Foxhill Event: Pilgrim’s rest with Rev’d Christine Broad. The journey of life with Christ by our side is a wonderful path to take. As with all journeys, it is important to take a rest and refresh in order to keep going. We can sometimes be so busy ‘doing’ for others in our lives and churches that we forget to pause and just ‘be’. This day offers the chance to take a pit stop from the rush of daily life, to listen to God, and to leave feeling refreshed and renewed, ready to continue on the great pilgrimage of life. Monday 10th February 9.30am – 3.30pm, £23.50 including light lunch and refreshments. To book email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- World Day of Prayer: There will be a WDP service on Friday 6th March, 10.30am at St Mary’s Without the Walls, Handbridge, Chester.
- Retreat at Foxhill: ‘The Spiritual Journey of Pilgrimage’, led by Bishop Geoff (Bishop of Lancaster before retiring) and his wife Jean Pearson, a Licensed Reader. The retreat will look at the biblical roots of pilgrimage through to the modern journeys such as the Camino de Santiago in Northern Spain. There will be a special focus on Psalm 84 and the Bunyan classic Pilgrim’s Progress. With group discussions and times of silence, it will ask if the 21st century Church is the best disguised set of pilgrims the world has ever known. 4.00pm Tuesday 10th March until 2.00pm Thursday 12th March. £175 includes en-suite accommodation, all meals and refreshments. To book email email@example.com.
- Foxhill Scheme: Twenty is Plenty is a scheme that offers a limited number of places on the Foxhill programme of residential retreats for just £20. It is for those on low income who would benefit from spending time on retreat but would otherwise be unable to attend due to financial restrictions. Please contact the team at Foxhill to request a Twenty is Plenty application pack. Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. To ensure that as many people as possible are reached, this offer is currently restricted to one retreat per person per year. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Opportunity: Kingsway CLC Trust are looking for a Customer Services Assistant. Previous experience in a customer service environment with knowledge and understanding of basic related duties essential. Also must have the ability to be a team player in a deadline driven environment, be computer literate and sales orientated and have good interpersonal skills, as well as written and spoken communication abilities. This role carries a genuine occupational requirement (GOR) for the position to be filled by a committed Christian. For further details please email email@example.com or speak to Rosie Jones at church.
- Stairgates: Free to a good home, 2 stair gates to fit up to 95cms wide opening. Please contact Pauline Jones 07526 466770 for more info.
- West Cheshire Foodbank: The foodbank is extremely grateful for the food donated during 2019, especially near Christmas. The shopping list for January is UHT Juice, Instant Coffee, Instant Custard, Tinned Potatoes and Instant Mash. If you haven’t given before, there is a designated box at the back of church for food donations.
AND THE USUAL…
- Vicar, Rev Graham Shaw contact details: 57 Black Diamond Park, Newtown, Chester CH1 3ET (Graham’s day off is Friday) Phone (01244) 325302, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Associate Vicar, Rev Ralph Kemp contact details: Phone 07762 847211, email email@example.com (Ralph’s day off is Saturday)
- Administrator, Carys Addison: If you wish to contact the church on any administration matters or if you have any notices for inclusion in the notice sheet, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07443 584528 and leave a message. Office days: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Lay Reader, Veronica Johnston contact details: Phone (01244) 671216, email email@example.com.
- Interns: Interns 2019/20 are Shona Hookham, Tobi Fagbemi and Dion Turnbull firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday School: During the 11.00am service, Christ Church operates three children’s groups: Gems, the younger group is aimed at ages 2-6 years (under 2’s welcome with an accompanying adult). Rocksolid, is for children aged 6 plus. Crypt is our group for ages 10 and over. For babies and under 2’s, there is a purpose-built Crèche area in the vestry, complete with a TV link to the service. For further details, speak to Hannah Giddings email@example.com. Please ensure that you fill out a registration form if your child is attending for the first time – available from the group leader at the beginning of the session.
- Drop In: For information about Drop In, please contact Sue Ibrahim: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Connect Groups: Joining a Christ Church Connect Group is a great way to enjoy mid-week fellowship and Bible study. If you are interested, please email Connect Group Coordinator Shona Hookham email@example.com.
- Building Maintenance: If you notice and building-related problem either at church or the Mission House, do please contact Andrew Wigglesworth firstname.lastname@example.org who is one of our Church Wardens.
- Giving at Christ Church: Giving or tithing is an important part of being a member of a church. At Christ Church, we don’t take a collection at the 11.00am service, but you can give either via the donation box at the back of church, directly via the ‘4 Ways to Give’ page of the website, or by setting up a standing order at your bank. www.christchurchchester.com.
- Expense claims and other administration paperwork: Please place in the post-box marked ‘Church Admin’ in the vestry on the wall by the safe. Alternatively, post through the Mission House letterbox.
- Church Website: Our website has a backlog of past sermons, and information www.christchurchchester.com. You can also follow us on Facebook www.facebook.com/christchurchchester, Twitter www.twitter.com/ChChChester and Instagram www.instagram.com/christchurchchester.
- Hearing Loop: A hearing Loop facility is available at Christ Church, but please be aware that it is not compatible with the music microphone system at the 11 o’clock service.