If you would like a sneak preview of the notices and save us paper, email firstname.lastname@example.org to add your name to the mailing list.
Sunday 26th May 2019
|26th May (6th of Easter)
Thy Kingdom Come
Sharing Your Lunch
9.30 am Holy Communion Shona Hayes & Graham Shaw
11.00 am Informal Worship Ed Newman & Graham Shaw
7.00 pm Worship @ 7 Ed Newman & Miriam Martinez
Readings John 6:1-15
Coming up at Christ Church
|Sun 26th 11.00am Gems, Rocksolid & The Crypt Mission House/Church
3.00pm Drop In Church
Mon 27th – Sat 1st 9am – 6.30pm (Tues 28th 9am – 10.00pm, Sat 1st 9am – 12pm) Storyhouse Church
Tues 28th 5.15pm Little Theatre Rehearsals Mission House
- Worship @ 7: This Sunday 26th May, running for two more weeks, this week brought to you by Ed Newman and Miriam Martinez. An evening service of sharing and informal worship beginning at 7.00pm.
- Thy Kingdom Come: As mentioned last Sunday, with the start of Worship @ 7 for this term, we have a creative space set up in the side chapel. Focusing on the theme of ‘Thy Kingdom Come’, the space is set up to help you to start praying for five friends/family members/colleagues etc who don’t yet know Jesus. We have a table of prayer cards and leather cords which can be used to form a bracelet with five knots tied on to remind you of each person you want to commit to praying for. There are also strips of netting and ribbon which you can tie up on the lines in the space itself to represent the ones you are praying for, or to attach written prayers or verses.
- Drop In: Last Sunday, our amazing Drop In volunteers treated their guests to a lovely mani-pedi. They washed their feet and hands and the ladies were indulged with a manicure, complete with polish. They were so grateful for an opportunity to be cared for in this way. Jesus said, “Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet.” John 13:14.
- Picnic in the Park: Next Sunday 2nd June after the 11.00am service, we will be heading out to St Anne’s Park for a Bring & Share Lunch with a twist! The idea is to invite friends and members of the local community to share lunch with us. Please bring food as you would normally do for Bring & Share at church. Come along prepared to eat, play football and chat to new people – weather permitting of course – plan b will be in the church.
- Student BBQ: On Thursday 6th June at 6.00pm, a classic BBQ for students will be held on the green outside church. This will be an opportunity to reflect on and celebrate the year gone by. There will be games and music and also time to pray for our outgoing students.
- Wedding: On Saturday 8th June at 12.00pm, the lovely Lizzy Myers will walk down the aisle at Christ Church to marry the charming Eli Mitchell. This amazing couple would love to invite you, their church family to join them at the service to celebrate their marriage and share refreshments with them afterwards. Please pray for them as they approach their big day and their married life ahead. #teameam.
- Baptisms & Confirmations 2019: This year’s Baptism & Confirmation Service at the River Dee is on Sunday 9th June with Bishop John Hayden officiating. This will replace the normal two services at Christ Church and will be at 11.00am. As in previous years and weather permitting, you are welcome to bring a picnic lunch to sit and eat together after the service. If you have been thinking and praying about either Baptism or Confirmation, there is still time so please let Graham or Ralph know as soon as possible.
- Storyhouse Reminder: The Storyhouse team have now settled into the church building and will be there each day Monday to Saturday for the next few weeks until Saturday 29th June so there will be no access to the church until after 6.30pm (10.00pm on Tuesdays and 12.00pm on Saturdays). Essential access by keyholders during these times should be through the vestry door only.
- Church & Mission House Hire: As you can see from the above, our church and also the Mission House are now very busy with bookings to hire the space. If you are hoping to hold an event/meeting/practice in either space, please book well in advance – email@example.com.
- Thy Kingdom Come Prayer Retreat: Following the Archbishop’s call to prayer, this retreat offers space for creative reflection and times of silent contemplation as we specifically pray for Thy Kingdom Come in our lives and the lives of those we love. 4.00pm Wednesday 29th May to 2.00pm Friday 31st May, led by Lesley Machin who came to faith while working on a Kibbutz in Israel. She then worked in hospices, orphanages and the church in Israel and trained at Redcliffe Missionary Training College. In 2000, Lesley became a Benedictine Oblate at the West Malling Abbey. £170 which includes en-suite accommodation, all meals and refreshments. Booking forms and further details available from firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01928 733777.
- The Little Theatre: On Monday 3rd, Tuesday 4th, and Wednesday 5th June at 7.30pm, our neighbours, the Little Theatre will be showing two one-act plays – ‘A Still Life’ by K C Finn and ‘Effie’s Burning’ by Valerie Windsor. Directed by Ed Green, the plays are described as “thought provoking” and “powerful”. Tickets are £7 (£6 concessions) available from the box office – 0333 666 3366 or online from www.chesterlittletheatre.co.uk (booking charges apply).
- Chester Bible Focus Summer Session: Wednesday 10th June at All Saints, Hoole, Chester CH2 3HZ at 7.30pm. ‘Invest in your Suffering and Invest in your Disappointments’. Paul Mallard provides an invaluable opportunity to consider this often overlooked topic. Free admission and refreshments provided. For more details visit www.chesterbiblefocus.org.uk.
- Music Coordinator Vacancy: The Firs School, Newton Lane is looking for a music teacher with piano skills for 2 days per week during term, plus performances and events. QTS is not mandatory but you must have music qualifications. If you are interested please contact email@example.com or phone 01244 322443 for pay details, an application form and job description. Deadline 31st May.
- West Cheshire Foodbank Appeal: “We are currently quite low on food in our warehouse. If you are thinking of donating we would be very grateful to receive any of the following items on our shopping list: Tinned Meat/Fish; Tinned Vegetables, Tinned Potatoes; Tinned Tomatoes; Cuppa Soups; Pot Noodles; Instant Pasta; Pasta Sauce; Instant Mashed Potato; Tinned/Instant Custard; Tinned Fruit, Biscuits; Jams and Spreads; UHT Milk; UHT Fruit Juice; Instant Coffee. Many thanks.”
AND THE USUAL…
- Vicar, Rev Graham Shaw contact details: 57 Black Diamond Park, Newtown, Chester CH1 3ET (Graham’s day off is Friday) Phone (01244) 325302, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Associate Vicar, Rev Ralph Kemp contact details: (Ralph’s day off is Saturday) Phone 07762 847211, email email@example.com
- Administrator, Carys Addison: If you wish to contact the church on any administration matters or if you have any notices for inclusion in future notice sheets, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07443 584528 and leave a message. (Wednesday noon is the deadline for notices). Office days: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Interns: Ed Newman email@example.com, Kerry Bowler firstname.lastname@example.org, Shona Hayes email@example.com
- Sunday School: During the 11.00am service, Christ Church operates three children’s groups, Gems, the younger group is aimed at ages 2-6 years (under 2’s welcome with an accompanying adult). Rocksolid is for children aged 6 plus. Crypt is our new group for ages 10 and over. For babies and under 2’s, there is a purpose built Crèche area in the vestry, complete with a TV link to the service. For further details, speak to Hannah Giddings firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop In: For information about Drop In, please contact Sue Ibrahim: email@example.com
- Connect Groups: Joining a Christ Church Connect Group is a great way to enjoy mid-week fellowship and Bible study. If you are interested and would like more information, please email the Connect Group Coordinator Shona Hayes firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Giving at Christ Church: Giving or tithing is an important part of being a member of a church. At Christ Church we don’t take a collection at the 11.00am service, but you can give either via the donation box at the back of church, directly via the ‘4 Ways to Give’ page of the website, or by setting up a standing order at your bank. Forms are also available on the website; go to ‘Giving’ then ‘4 Ways to Give’. www.christchurchchester.com
- Expense claims and other administration paperwork: Please place in the postbox marked ‘Church Admin’ in the vestry on the wall by the safe. Alternatively, post through the Mission House letterbox.
- Church Website: Our website has a backlog of past sermons, and information about what’s going on at church on www.christchurchchester.com. You can also follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/christchurchchester), Twitter (www.twitter.com/ChChChester) and Instagram www.instagram.com/christchurchchester
- Hearing Loop: A Hearing or Induction Loop takes a sound source and transfers it directly to a hearing aid without background noise, interference or acoustical distortion. This facility is available at Christ Church, but please be aware that it is not compatible with the music microphone system at the 11 o’clock service.