If you would like a sneak preview of the notices and save us paper, email email@example.com to add your name to the mailing list.
Sunday 23rd September
|23rd September (17th after Trinity)
Ephesians: A Message for the Saints
9.30 am Holy Communion Ralph Kemp & Graham Shaw
11.00 am Informal Worship Ralph Kemp & Graham Shaw
Readings Ephesians 2:11-22
Coming up at Christ Church
|Sun 23rd 11.00am Gems & Rocksolid Mission House
3.00pm Drop In Church
Wed 26th 6.30pm D’Biz Mission House
8.00pm Whole Church Prayer Church
- Term Cards: The new Term Cards have arrived and are available to pick up at the back of church. Don’t forget to give some out to family and friends as they might want to come along to one of our Christmas services, all listed on the back of the cards.
- Christ Church Prayer Evening: At 8.00pm on Wednesday 26th September everyone is invited to a whole church prayer meeting at Christ Church, to pray together for all that is coming in the term ahead.
- Wedding: The season continues…On Saturday 6th October at 11.30am, Ralph will be officiating at the marriage of Alasdair Grubb and Lydia Atkinson. This lovely couple would like to invite you, their Christ Church family to the service to help them celebrate this amazing day. Please pray for them as they approach married life.
- Bring & Share: The next Bring & Share Lunch will be on Sunday 7th October.
- Post-Grad Event: Calling all post-grads. If you are studying a post-grad course; in your first job post Uni; have just finished 3rd year of Uni or are in your early 20s and relatively new to Christchurch, you are invited to hot drinks, cake and games at the Mission House. Sunday 7th October from 7:30pm,come along to meet new people and make connections for the year ahead!
- Student Alpha: Returning for a second year, the Alpha Course especially for students. Our new Intern, Shona will be coordinating the course and it will run on Monday evenings, beginning on Monday 8th October 7.00 – 9.00pm for nine weeks. The aim of the course is to build relationships and fellowship and provide a relaxing, welcoming environment in which to explore the Christian faith. (Food provided). If you think this is for you or any Students you know, please email Shona on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meals for Alpha: If anyone is willing to cook a meal for one of the Student Alpha Mondays, please contact Shona for details. Christ Church is happy to cover food costs, just keep your receipts.
- New Wine Men’s Day: Saturday 13th October, 9.15am – 4.15pm at Liverpool Cathedral, St James’ Mount, Liverpool L1 7AZ. Book here https://www.new-wine.org/events/new-wine-mens-day-liverpool and let Chris Giddings know as he is coordinating a group from Christ Church email@example.com. Tickets £22.
- Worship @ 7: On Sunday 14th October, the Worship @ 7 service will be running again for five consecutive Sundays. Don’t miss out on this opportunity for informal, reflective evening worship. 7.00pm at Christ Church.
- New Wine Women’s Day: New Wine’s Women’s Day- RESET on Saturday 27th October 9.15am – 4.30pm. Tickets £25 including a complimentary lunch bag. Please book your own ticket here: https://www.new-wine.org/events/new-wine-women%E2%80%99s-day-%E2%80%93-reset. People will be driving from Chester. If you’re able to offer/need lifts, please let Amy Walker know. Further information firstname.lastname@example.org or via the Facebook event https://www.facebook.com/events/251729345460741/.
- Service to Celebrate and Remember: On Sunday 28th October, the 9.30am service will be a celebration of remembrance and thanksgiving for our loved ones who have died. All are welcome.
- Churches Together in Chester: On Sunday 23rd September, Churches Together in Chester will be celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the setting up of its predecessor, the Chester Council of Churches. This was the first ecumenical body here in Chester, responsible for the great work that the churches have done together in the city. From 3.00 – 4.30pm the Hoole Lighthouse Centre, Westminster Road, Hoole will be open to all who are interested. Coffee and cake will be served. At about 4.00pm there will be a special time of prayer, thanksgiving, and sharing of memories.
- BSF for Men: A Bible Study Fellowship class for men in the Chester area. BSF is an interdenominational Bible class for men who wish to dig deeper into the Scriptures, pointing them towards being more effective in their local churches. For more information contact Brian Bowen at email@example.com or tel: 01244 311021.
- Chester Bible Focus: Two evenings exploring the Book of Judges and what it means to 21st century believers. Tuesday 25th and Wednesday 26th September with Mary Evans. Venue, All Saints Church, Hoole, CH2 3HZ at 7.30pm. Tickets on sale at the door – £3 for one evening, £5 for both. For more details visit www.chesterbiblefocus.org.uk.
- Quiet Day at Foxhill: Thursday 27th September 9.30am – 4.00pm, led by Andrew Rudd, Chair of the Friends of Foxhill. The Retreat Association has commissioned a new icon of ‘The Woman at the Well’ which is touring Retreat houses throughout the country, on display in Foxhill from 17th – 30th September. ‘Sitting by the Well’ is a Quiet Day which will centre around the icon and the story it tells, with reflection, silence, pictures, poetry and music. Foxhill is built around a well and is a place where many find deep refreshment and renewal. £22 pp including lunch and refreshments. Reduced rate for Friends of Foxhill at £13 pp. For booking forms or more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 01928 733777.
- House for Rent: Pleasant, 3-bedroom terraced house in Hoole is looking for tenants to love it! Please contact Anne on 07503507614 or email@example.com for details.
- Vacancy: St Michael’s Pre-School in Newton, Chester, has a paid vacancy for a ‘toys and equipment packer’ to help pack up on Fridays in term time for an hour between 12.00 noon and 1.00pm. The applicant would need to be fit and healthy as some of the equipment is quite heavy. To find our more, please call Penny on 01244 311338.
- West Cheshire Foodbank: Items needed for the warehouse – Tinned Vegetables, Tinned Potatoes, Tinned Meat, Coffee 100g, UHT Milk/ UHT Juice, Biscuits, Tinned Fish, Tinned Custard, Tinned Desserts, Pasta Sauces, Jam, Cuppa Soup, Instant Mash. Please leave your Harvest donations in the designated box at the back of church. Many thanks.
AND THE USUAL…
- Vicar, Rev Graham Shaw contact details: 57 Black Diamond Park, Newtown, Chester CH1 3ET (Graham’s day off is Friday) Phone (01244) 325302, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Associate Vicar, Rev Ralph Kemp contact details: Phone 07762 847211, email email@example.com
- Administrator, Carys Addison: If you wish to contact the church on any administration matters or if you have any notices for inclusion in future notice sheets, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07443 584528 and leave a message. (Wednesday noon is the deadline for notices). Office days: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Sunday School: During the 11.00am service, Christ Church operates two children’s groups, Gems, the younger group is aimed at ages 2-6 years (under 2’s welcome with an accompanying adult). Rocksolid, the older group is for children aged 6 plus. For babies and under 2’s, there is a purpose built Crèche area in the vestry, complete with a TV link to the service. For further details, speak to Hannah Giddings email@example.com
- Drop In: For information about Drop In, please contact Sue Ibrahim: firstname.lastname@example.org
- D’Biz: For enquiries about our youth group, contact Eli Mitchell: email@example.com .
- Connect Groups: Joining a Christ Church Connect Group is a great way to enjoy mid-week fellowship and Bible study. If you are interested and would like more information, please phone or text our Connect Group Coordinator, Anne Green on 07592 050040
- Giving at Christ Church: Giving or tithing is an important part of being a member of a church. At Christ Church we don’t take a collection at the 11.00am service, but you can give either via the donation box at the back of church, directly via the ‘4 Ways to Give’ page of the website, or by setting up a standing order at your bank. Forms are also available on the website; go to ‘Giving’ then ‘4 Ways to Give’. www.christchurchchester.com
- Text Giving: Don’t forget you can now donate to Christ Church via your mobile. Just text CHCH33 £3 to 70070 and you will donate £3 to Christ Church.
- Expense claims and other administration paperwork: Please place in the postbox marked ‘Church Admin’ in the vestry on the wall by the safe. Alternatively, post through the Mission House letterbox.
- Church Website: Our website has a backlog of past sermons, and information about what’s going on at church on www.christchurchchester.com. You can also follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/christchurchchester), Twitter (www.twitter.com/ChChChester) and Instagram www.instagram.com/christchurchchester
- Hearing Loop: A Hearing or Induction Loop takes a sound source and transfers it directly to a hearing aid without background noise, interference or acoustical distortion. This facility is available at Christ Church, but please be aware that it is not compatible with the music microphone system at the 11 o’clock service.