If you would like a sneak preview of the notices and save us paper, email email@example.com to add your name to the mailing list.
Sunday 24th November 2019
24th November (Christ the King)
The Bible Course
Revelation and Review
9.30 am Holy Communion Graham Shaw & Paul Towner
11.00 am Informal Worship Graham Shaw & Paul Towner
Readings Revelation 21:1-5, 22:1-5
Coming up this week
|Sun 24th 11.00am Gems, Rocksolid & Crypt Mission House & Church
3.00pm Drop In Church
6.30pm Christmas Choir Practice Church
Mon 25th 7.30pm Standing Committee Extra Mission House
Tues 26th 6.00pm Christmas Music Practice Church
Thurs 28th 9.30am Daytime Connect Group Mission House
10.45am Home Ed Drawing Class Mission House
- Maintenance Day: Many thanks to all the folk who gave their time during the weekend to help at Maintenance Day. A great turn out and a lovely clean church!
- Thank You: Also, thanks are due to Cheshire West and Chester Council for the completed works on the path, trees and graveyard. In place of the trees which had to be taken down, two new ones have been planted on the church green, near the boundary wall with the Little Theatre.
- Community Christmas Choir: This Sunday 24th November, there is still time to join the Community Christmas Choir, practicing at Christ Church 6.30 – 8.00pm. If you would like to add your voice to the choir singing at the Christ Church Carol Service, you are welcome to attend the rehearsals each Sunday. Previous experience, the ability to read music, a fantastic singing voice are not necessary – just come along and sing for the pure joy of it (and to eat amazing cakes!). If you would like more information, please get in touch with Anna Shaw on 07736 457216 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Flyering Sunday & Bring & Share Lunch: In order to let people know what is happening at Christ Church this Christmas, on Sunday 1st December during the 11.00am service, we will be delivering Christmas Flyers (designed by the amazing Kerry Bowler) to every letterbox in the parish. Please be sure to bring weather-appropriate clothing for the day and then when all the cards have been distributed, return to Christ Church for the last Bring and Share Lunch of 2019!
- Say One For Me…: This Christmas we are going to be offering everyone in the parish the opportunity to be prayed for. On the reverse side of the Christmas Flyer is an invitation to ‘Say One For Me This Christmas’ and the space to write down how we can pray for them. There will be a designated post box fixed to the wall outside the main door of the church and hopefully, parishioners will use the flyer and the post box to get in touch.
- Christmas Lights: On Thursday 5th December arrive at Christ Church at 6.30pm to help decorate the Christmas Tree and then join fellow Christ Churchers and the Newtown community for the Christmas Lights Switch On! Seasonal refreshments will be served during the evening.
- Christmas Carol Service: A really important date for your diaries – on Sunday 8th December at 7.00pm join Christ Church regulars and other members of the parish for the annual Christmas Carol Service. Please invite family and friends to join us at this special time of year but make sure you are in good time as this is a popular event and seats are taken quickly.
- Women’s Christmas Craft: Get really festive on Saturday 14th December 10.00am at the Mission House. Ladies, come along and spend a couple of hours being creative for Christmas. Free event with warm drinks, Christmas pastries and treats. Please invite your friends and the local community, creche facilities will be available.
- Christmas Services: This year, Christmas services at Christ Church will be as follows: Christmas Eve Tuesday 24th December – 4.00pm Christingle Service, 11.00pm Midnight Communion; Christmas Day Wednesday 25th December – 10.30am Christmas Day Service.
- SWEP: From 1st January 2020, Christ Church Mission House will be used once again as a Night Shelter for 12 homeless people on Thursday nights when the temperature falls to zero. We need a small team to be on call on Thursday evenings to help set up and serve food, or Friday mornings to serve breakfast and clear up. If you would like information please speak to Veronica or contact her on email@example.com.
- Foxhill Event: “The Wilderness will Rejoice- An Advent Journey in Isaiah”. Led by the Rev’d Will Gibbons. Friday 29th November 4.00pm – Sunday 1st December 2.00pm. £170, Includes en-suite accommodation, all meals and refreshments. To book email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reverse Advent Calendar: Foodbank items most needed: UHT Milk and Juice, Cereal, Tinned Potatoes, Coffee, Biscuits, Tinned Custard, Pasta/Curry Sauces, Jam, Cuppa Soup, Instant Mash, Toilet Rolls and Toiletries. Items donated close to Christmas will not be distributed until the New Year.
AND THE USUAL…
- Vicar, Rev Graham Shaw contact details: 57 Black Diamond Park, Newtown, Chester CH1 3ET (Graham’s day off is Friday) Phone (01244) 325302, email email@example.com
- Associate Vicar, Rev Ralph Kemp contact details: Phone 07762 847211, email firstname.lastname@example.org (Ralph’s day off is Saturday)
- Administrator, Carys Addison: If you wish to contact the church on any administration matters or if you have any notices for inclusion in the notice sheet, email email@example.com or call 07443 584528 and leave a message. Office days: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Interns: Interns 2019/20 are Shona Hookham, Tobi Fagbemi and Dion Turnbull firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday School: During the 11.00am service, Christ Church operates three children’s groups: Gems, the younger group is aimed at ages 2-6 years (under 2’s welcome with an accompanying adult). Rocksolid, is for children aged 6 plus. Crypt is our group for ages 10 and over. For babies and under 2’s, there is a purpose-built Crèche area in the vestry, complete with a TV link to the service. For further details, speak to Hannah Giddings email@example.com. Please ensure that you fill out a registration form if your child is attending for the first time – available from the group leader at the beginning of the session.
- Drop In: For information about Drop In, please contact Sue Ibrahim: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Connect Groups: Joining a Christ Church Connect Group is a great way to enjoy mid-week fellowship and Bible study. If you are interested, please email Connect Group Coordinator Shona Hookham email@example.com.
- Building Maintenance: If you notice and building-related problem either at church or the Mission House, do please contact Andrew Wigglesworth firstname.lastname@example.org who is one of our Church Wardens.
- Giving at Christ Church: Giving or tithing is an important part of being a member of a church. At Christ Church, we don’t take a collection at the 11.00am service, but you can give either via the donation box at the back of church, directly via the ‘4 Ways to Give’ page of the website, or by setting up a standing order at your bank. www.christchurchchester.com.
- Expense claims and other administration paperwork: Please place in the post-box marked ‘Church Admin’ in the vestry on the wall by the safe. Alternatively, post through the Mission House letterbox.
- Church Website: Our website has a backlog of past sermons, and information www.christchurchchester.com. You can also follow us on Facebook www.facebook.com/christchurchchester, Twitter www.twitter.com/ChChChester and Instagram www.instagram.com/christchurchchester.
- Hearing Loop: A hearing Loop facility is available at Christ Church, but please be aware that it is not compatible with the music microphone system at the 11 o’clock service.