If you would like a sneak preview of the notices and save us paper, email email@example.com to add your name to the mailing list.
Sunday 15th September 2019
15th September (13th after Trinity)
The Names of God
9.30 am Morning Prayer Graham Shaw & Ralph Kemp
11.00 am Holy Communion Graham Shaw & Ralph Kemp
Readings Judges 6: 11-24
Coming up at Christ Church
|Sun 15th 11.00am Gems, Rocksolid & Crypt Mission House
12.30pm Heritage Open Day – 6.30pm Church
3.00pm Drop In Church
Tues 17th 7.30pm PCC Mission House
Thurs 19th 9.30pm Daytime Connect Group Mission House
Sat 21st 11.00am Private Event – 9.00pm Mission House
- Heritage Open Days: This Sunday after the 11.00am service, the church will remain open 12.30 – 6.30pm for the last Heritage Open Day for 2019. Thank you to everyone who has given their time to man the church for this year’s event.
- Wedding: Huge congratulations to Tom and Shona, Mr & Mrs Hookham, who were married at Christ Church last Saturday! Looking forward to welcoming Shona back to the Christ Church Staff Team next week for her second year as a Christ Church Intern.
- Students: It is now that time of year when students begin to make their way to University, either returning for another year or leaving home for the first time and at the start of a whole new phase of life. Over the next few weeks, we expect to see some new faces at Christ Church as they look for a church to attend, so please do go and chat to anyone you don’t recognise and welcome them to church.
- PCC: On Tuesday 17th September, our PCC will be meeting for the first time after the summer break. Please pray for them all as they gather at the Mission House and give thanks for the time and skills they devote to our church.
- Day time Connect Group: This new group will be meeting for the first time on Thursday 19th September, 9.30am at the Mission House and then each Thursday. If you are free during the week and would like to join the group for fellowship and a look at the Bible, do please go along. For more information please contact Kathryn Elsmore firstname.lastname@example.org or Kat Deuchars email@example.com.
- Bible Course Booklets: Beginning on Sunday 29th September, we will be following the Bible Society’s ‘Bible Course’ and there are accompanying booklets to be used during the eight sessions. These booklets will be available to buy this Sunday at church.
- Connect Group for Bible Course: Alongside the Sunday sermons, our Connect Groups will also be studying the Bible Course. If you do not belong to a Connect Group but would like to follow the course in more depth, why not join one of the groups for the duration of the study? For more details, please speak to Shona.
- Crypt Weekend Away: On Friday 20th – Sunday 22nd September, our senior kids group, Crypt will be heading to Quinta for a weekend away together. Please pray for this new adventure, that it is full of fun, fellowship and unmistakeable encounters with God.
- Harvest: On Sunday 22nd September the 9.30am service will be a Harvest Service and food donations will be taken for West Cheshire Foodbank. Shopping lists are available in church.
- Dedication: Also on Sunday 22nd September, Natalie and Ross Parker-Jones will be bringing their gorgeous baby boy Felix to be dedicated during the 11.00am service. Please pray for this family as they approach this special day.
- Worship @ 7: Worship @ 7 dates for this term are Sunday 6th October – Sunday 3rd November. Don’t miss out, get these dates in your diaries.
- Term Cards: Please remember that the Term Cards are not just for Christ Churchers, they are also there so that you can let your friends and family know what is happening on Sundays. This term’s card also includes our Christmas Services and as our Carol Service is fairly early, it is good to let people know. Pick up a few this Sunday and give them out where you can.
- BSF International: Chester women and men, dig deeper into the Word of God and enjoy interdenominational fellowship with BSF International. Men’s classes begin on 3rd September at Campbell Hall, Boughton CH2 5BR and each Tuesday 6.50 – 8.30pm. Women’s classes begin on 4th September at All Saints Church, Hoole, CH2 3HZ and each Wednesday 9.55 – 11.30am. This year’s study is the Book of Acts and the Letters of the Apostles.
- Ladies Event: On Saturday 21st September 9.30am – 4.30pm, King’s Christian Centre, Mold are holding a day for all ladies aged 16+. Speakers are Siân Rees, Director, Evangelical Alliance in Wales; Rachel Radbourne, Church Leader and Sarah Dewhurst, Senior Church Leader. Tickets £20 with light refreshments included, bring your own lunch. For tickets call Mo Price on 07544 773734.
- Chester Bible Focus: Two evenings exploring 2 Corinthians – ‘Strength through Weakness’ with Maurice McCracken. Wednesday 16th and Thursday 17th October 7.30pm at All Saints, Hoole. Tickets are £3 for one evening or £5 for both. Refreshments are included and Manna Bookshops will provide a bookstall. For more details please visit chesterbiblefocus.org.uk.
- Encountering the Kingdom: The Rev’d Catherine Williams led the Priesting Retreat for Chester Diocese in 2018 and is a respected retreat leader. Tuesday 5th November 4.00pm – Friday 8th November 10.00am. This is an opportunity to rest and retreat as the group explores the reign of God in our lives, churches and world. There will be times of stillness, silence and worship, with reflections through scripture, poetry, art and music on the themes that pervade this ‘Kingdom Season’, including All Saints, All Souls, Peace & Justice and the Kingship of Christ. £220 per person, includes en-suite accommodation, all meals and refreshments. To book contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- West Cheshire Foodbank: Volunteers are the driving force behind foodbanks and there are thousands of volunteers across the UK helping the foodbank network get emergency food to people in crisis. If you are interested visit the website volunteer page https://westcheshire.foodbank.org.uk/give-help/volunteer/ for details of how you could provide your skills. Many thanks to all who donate regularly.
AND THE USUAL…
- Vicar, Rev Graham Shaw contact details: 57 Black Diamond Park, Newtown, Chester CH1 3ET (Graham’s day off is Friday) Phone (01244) 325302, email email@example.com.
- Associate Vicar, Rev Ralph Kemp contact details: (Ralph’s day off is Saturday) Phone 07762 847211, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Administrator, Carys Addison: If you wish to contact the church on any administration matters or if you have any notices for inclusion in future notice sheets, please email email@example.com or call 07443 584528 and leave a message. (Wednesday noon is the deadline for notices). Office days: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Interns: Watch this space…
- Sunday School: During the 11.00am service, Christ Church operates three children’s groups, Gems, the younger group is aimed at ages 2-6 years (under 2’s welcome with an accompanying adult). Rocksolid is for children aged 6 plus. Crypt is our new group for ages 10 and over. For babies and under 2’s, there is a purpose built Crèche area in the vestry, complete with a TV link to the service. For further details, speak to Hannah Giddings firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that you fill in a registration form if your child is attending for the first time – available from the group leader at the beginning of the session.
- Drop In: For information about Drop In, please contact Sue Ibrahim: email@example.com
- Connect Groups: Joining a Christ Church Connect Group is a great way to enjoy mid-week fellowship and Bible study. If you are interested and would like more information, please email the Connect Group Coordinator Shona Hayes firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Building Maintenance: If you notice and building-related problem either at church or the Mission House, do please contact Andrew Wigglesworth email@example.com who is one of our Church Wardens.
- Giving at Christ Church: Giving or tithing is an important part of being a member of a church. At Christ Church we don’t take a collection at the 11.00am service, but you can give either via the donation box at the back of church, directly via the ‘4 Ways to Give’ page of the website, or by setting up a standing order at your bank. Forms are also available on the website; go to ‘Giving’ then ‘4 Ways to Give’. www.christchurchchester.com
- Expense claims and other administration paperwork: Please place in the postbox marked ‘Church Admin’ in the vestry on the wall by the safe. Alternatively, post through the Mission House letterbox.
- Church Website: Our website has a backlog of past sermons, and information about what’s going on at church on www.christchurchchester.com. You can also follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/christchurchchester), Twitter (www.twitter.com/ChChChester) and Instagram www.instagram.com/christchurchchester
- Hearing Loop: A Hearing or Induction Loop takes a sound source and transfers it directly to a hearing aid without background noise, interference or acoustical distortion. This facility is available at Christ Church, but please be aware that it is not compatible with the music microphone system at the 11 o’clock service.