If you would like a sneak preview of the notices and save us paper, email email@example.com to add your name to the mailing list.
Sunday 15th July
|15th July (7th after Trinity)
Fruitfulness on the Frontline
Messenger of the Gospel 2
9.30 am Morning Prayer Dan Phillips, Denzel Collins & Ed Newman
11.00 am Informal Worship Dan Phillips, Denzel Collins & Ed Newman
Readings 1 Peter 3:15-16
Coming up at Christ Church
|Sun 15th 11.00am Gems & Rocksolid Mission House
3.00pm Drop In Church
Tues 17th 8.00pm Prayer for Christ Church Church
Wed 18th 6.30pm D’Biz Mission House
Thurs 19th 7.30pm PCC Mission House
Fri 20th 10.00am Ellison Court Coffee Morning Church
- Holy Communion: As there are no ordained clergy present at the service this week, the 11.00am Holy Communion due this Sunday will be offered next week 22nd July, when there will be Communion at both services.
- Baby News: Huge congratulations to Euan and Anna who welcomed their gorgeous firstborn, Joseph Gunn Cuthbert on Thursday 28th June. This little man came into the world weighing a whopping 10lb 7oz – Anna, you are my hero! God bless this family.
- Prayer for Christ Church: There is a meeting to pray for Christ Church on the evening of Tuesday 17th July 8.00pm at church. Please do join us. Prayer requests: email to firstname.lastname@example.org or text to 07884 958490. If you feel that you would like to be involved with the Sunday prayer ministry at Christ Church, please let Will know.
- PCC: Our amazing PCC will be meeting together on Thursday 19th July at the Mission House. This will be the first meeting after Graham’s return so please pray for the group and give thanks that they are willing to give their time and gifts to the benefit of Christ Church.
- Emma Galton’s Funeral: Emma’s funeral will be held at Christ Church on Tuesday 24th July at 12.30pm. Graham will be officiating, and we are anticipating that it will be a large gathering. Please remember Emma’s family and friends in your prayers. If you are attending, please wear bright colours. A book of remembrance has been opened for Emma, available in the side chapel over the next few Sunday services. You are welcome to write down your thoughts, stories, memories and Bible verses in memory of Emma and the book will be given to her family when completed.
- ‘Lost Property’: As the ‘Season of Many Weddings’ (5!) fast approaches, we are very keen for the church to look its best for everyone. As Ralph mentioned on Sunday, there is an array of pots and pans etc in the vestry which do not belong to church. If you are missing any items (including coats or anything else), please claim them as soon as possible.
- Theatre in the Park Trip: Later in the summer, Wendy Peto and Alice Ramage are going to the open-air performance of ‘Swallows and Amazons’ at Grosvenor Park and they were wondering if anyone would care to join them? Sunday 22nd July at 4.30pm, Tickets £19 if you are under 26, £26 if you are not! Book here: http://www.grosvenorparkopenairtheatre.co.uk/tickets-booking/
- New Wine 2018: The Christ Church group will be attending Week 2, Sunday 5th – Saturday 11th August. Standard Rates tickets and also half week or day tickets still available. For full details visit the website https://united.new-wine.org/.
- Chester Mystery Plays: Wednesday 27th June – Saturday 14th July, in the nave of Chester Cathedral. A rare and treasured part of Britain’s cultural heritage, the Chester Mystery Plays are returning to Chester to be performed by a community cast of hundreds. Tales of ambition, intrigue, betrayal and passion drawn from iconic Bible stories are guaranteed to enrapture, astound and delight. For more information, to view the seating plan and to book tickets visit: chestermysteryplays.com.
- Foxhill Event: ‘Goal of Unity’. Wednesday 25th July 2018. A dialogue between the Anglican Church and the Roman Catholic Church. For this special event we welcome talks from Dom. Henry Wansbrough and Bishop Peter Forster, followed by a chaired discussion and question session to explore how the church can work towards the Goal of Unity. The day starts with coffee at 9.30am and ends with tea at 3.30pm. £27.50 per person- includes lunch and refreshments. A donation of £5.00 will be given to the Anglican Centre in Rome. Booking forms available from: email@example.com or call 01928 733777.
- Ministry at Work: Saturday 22nd September with Mo Trudell. As Autumn sets in and we begin to think about winter we will use Rowan Williams book ‘Being Disciples’ to review and refresh our faith together. This day will be a mix of studying core truths as set out by Rowan, walking and listening to God in nature and taking away a faith uplift to help “be” the Christian presence at work. It will be useful for delegates to bring the Rowan Williams book Being Disciples, the essentials of the Christian life. Booking forms are available from: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- West Cheshire Foodbank: A message from the Foodbank – “We are so grateful for all the people that donate food to us so generously throughout the year. We couldn’t do what we do without you! Typically, the amount of donations coming into our warehouse tends to drop off during the summer months and at the moment our stocks of the following items are running low: UHT Milk, UHT Juice, Custard, Treats (Chocolate bars/bags of sweets). So please spread the word with your friends and family and remind them now is the time to donate food to West Cheshire Foodbank. We would welcome any of the items above to help us ensure we can continue to get food to local people experiencing crisis.” Please put any donations into the designated box at the back of church. Thank you.
AND THE USUAL…
- Vicar, Rev Graham Shaw contact details: (N.B. Graham is on Sabbatical until 16th July 2018) 57 Black Diamond Park, Newtown, Chester CH1 3ET (Graham’s day off is Friday) Phone (01244) 325302, email email@example.com.
- Associate Vicar, Rev Ralph Kemp contact details: Phone 07762 847211, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Administrator, Carys Addison: If you wish to contact the church on any administration matters or if you have any notices for inclusion in future notice sheets, please email email@example.com or call 07443 584528 and leave a message. (Wednesday noon is the deadline for notices). Office days: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Sunday School: During the 11.00am service, Christ Church operates two children’s groups, Gems, the younger group is aimed at ages 2-6 years (under 2’s welcome with an accompanying adult). Rocksolid, the older group is for children aged 6 plus. For babies and under 2’s, there is a purpose built Crèche area in the vestry, complete with a TV link to the service. For further details, speak to Hannah Giddings firstname.lastname@example.org and Beatrix Calow email@example.com
- Drop In: For information about Drop In, please contact Mattie Reilly: firstname.lastname@example.org
- D’Biz: For enquiries about our youth group, contact Eli Mitchell: email@example.com or Denzel Collins firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Connect Groups: Joining a Christ Church Connect Group is a great way to enjoy mid-week fellowship and Bible study. If you are interested and would like more information, please phone or text our Connect Group Coordinator, Anne Green on 07592 050040
- Giving at Christ Church: Giving or tithing is an important part of being a member of a church. At Christ Church we don’t take a collection at the 11.00am service, but you can give either via the donation box at the back of church, directly via the ‘4 Ways to Give’ page of the website, or by setting up a standing order at your bank. Forms are also available on the website; go to ‘Giving’ then ‘4 Ways to Give’. www.christchurchchester.com
- Text Giving: Don’t forget you can now donate to Christ Church via your mobile. Just text CHCH33 £3 to 70070 and you will donate £3 to Christ Church.
- Expense claims and other administration paperwork: Please place in the postbox marked ‘Church Admin’ in the vestry on the wall by the safe. Alternatively, post through the Mission House letterbox.
- Church Website: Our website has a backlog of past sermons, and information about what’s going on at church on www.christchurchchester.com. You can also follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/christchurchchester), Twitter (www.twitter.com/ChChChester) and Instagram www.instagram.com/christchurchchester
- Hearing Loop: A Hearing or Induction Loop takes a sound source and transfers it directly to a hearing aid without background noise, interference or acoustical distortion. This facility is available at Christ Church, but please be aware that it is not compatible with the music microphone system at the 11 o’clock service.