If you would like a sneak preview of the notices and save us paper, email email@example.com to add your name to the mailing list.
Sunday 20th May
|20th May (Pentecost)
Fruitfulness on the Frontline
Making Good Work 2
9.30 am Holy Communion Ralph Kemp
11.00 am Informal Worship Ralph Kemp
Including Thanksgiving Service for Robyn Spencer
Readings Genesis 2:4-18
7.00.pm Worship @ 7
Holy Communion Ralph Kemp
Coming up at Christ Church
|Sun 20th 11.00am Gems & Rocksolid Mission House
3.00pm Drop In Church
Tues 22nd 8.00pm Prayer for Christ Church Church
Weds 23rd 6.30pm D’Biz Mission House
Fri 25th 9.00am Firs School Meet Mission House
- Thanksgiving: This Sunday 20th May, during the 11.00am service, Alec and Jodie Spencer will be bringing their beautiful baby daughter, Robyn Grace for a service of Thanksgiving. Please come and welcome this little one into the Christ Church family.
- Worship @ 7: The last service of the summer series of the very popular Worship @ 7 is this Sunday 20th May. Holy Communion and an outside service if the weather is kind. Check out the Prayer Tree in the Lady Chapel.
- Baptisms & Confirmations: What an occasion it was on Sunday down by the river! Nine candidates were Baptised, and/or Confirmed by Bishop Keith followed by a service of Holy Communion. The sun shone brightly, and many people were there to witness this public declaration of faith. Check out the video here: https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fchristchurchchester%2Fvideos%2F1682134741862174%2F&show_text=0&width=560.
- Christian Aid Week: Across the world there are communities struggling desperately to survive in the wake of devastating hurricanes, earthquakes and other natural disasters. By giving to Christian Aid you can equip ordinary families with money, resources and expertise to rebuild their lives and start again. Please help them. Envelopes will be distributed in church this Sunday 20th May. If you would like to contribute, please return your envelope to church in the next couple of weeks. Thank you.
- Big Church Day Out: It’s coming to Cheshire again this year! 1st – 2nd June, close enough to go for the day, or come and camp with Christ Church on Friday and Saturday evenings. Let Eli Mitchell know if you’re interested or have questions (firstname.lastname@example.org) and sign up through Chester Diocese where tickets are only £28! (http://www.chester.anglican.org/mission/the-big-church-day-out/).
- New Wine 2018: The Christ Church group will be attending Week 2, Sunday 5th – Saturday 11th Standard Rates tickets only now available. For full details visit the website https://united.new-wine.org/.
- Thy Kingdom Come: You are invited to the Diocese of Chester Beacon Celebration, as our whole Diocese and region comes together to pray ‘Thy Kingdom Come’ in Chester Cathedral this Sunday 20th May at 7.30pm. Worship will be led by Lou Fellingham, and Bishop Peter and Bishop Keith will also attend. Tickets are free https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/thy-kingdom-come-beacon-event-tickets-43434414503.
- Aglow International Change of Speaker: Ladies Evening with guest speaker Pastor Ruth. Pastor Ruth came from a place of destitution and being an outcast into leadership of a very powerful and effective ministry in Uganda and ministering in other parts of the world. She testifies to God’s amazing ability to turn even the worst of circumstances around for His glory. Come and hear a powerful testimony of physical and emotional healing. Monday 21st May at 7.30pm, Vicars Cross Golf Club, Tarvin Road, Littleton, Chester CH3 7HN. £3 admission including refreshments.
- Bible Study Fellowship for Men: Bible Study Fellowship is an in-depth, interdenominational Bible class for people of all ages and backgrounds. You are invited to a Presentation Meeting on Tuesday 29th May at 7.00pm when you will find out more about a proposed weekly BSF Discussion Group for men in and around Chester starting in September 2018. Please pray with us that we will see a growing hunger in the hearts of men in the Chester area for studying the Word of God. The venue is Campbell Hall, Boughton, Chester CH3 5BR. For more information contact Brian Bowen on 01244 311021 or BSF.Chester.email@example.com. Learn more about Bible Study Fellowship at www.bsfinternational.org.
- The Greatest Story Ever Toured: The Bible Society in conjunction with Northgate Church. Thursday 21st June for one night only, you will journey through the Bible in this Goliath of a show, with Paul Kerensa, stand-up comedian and script writer (Miranda and Top Gear) and Dr Andrew Ollerton, creator of The Bible Course. They will explain how key events, books and characters fit together; you’ll get to see the big picture while discovering how the Bible applies to your life. Doors open at 7.00pm for a 7.30pm start at Northgate Church, CH1 4EF. Tickets £6, book here: https://www.biblesociety.org.uk/products/ticket-tbc-chester/.
- Vacancy: St Michael’s Pre-School in Newton, has a paid vacancy for a toys & equipment packer to help pack up on Fridays in term time for an hour between 12 noon and 1.00pm. The applicant would need to be fit & healthy as some of the equipment is quite heavy. For more details, please ring Penny on 01244 311338 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Vacancy: Kingsway Café, Newton, is seeking to appoint a part time relief manager to cover general duties and cooking, to cover at least one shift of 6 hrs per week, plus additional hours up to a max of 6 as and when required by arrangement with the manager, Tina Peters. Further details and an application form are available from the Church Office, St Michael’s, Devon Road, Newton, Chester CH2 2PX email@example.com. 01244 315129. Closing date: 25.5.18.
- West Cheshire Foodbank: Items needed: UHT Juice, Tinned Potatoes and Coffee. Donations to the designated box at the back of church.
AND THE USUAL…
- Vicar, Rev Graham Shaw contact details: (N.B. Graham is on Sabbatical until 16th July 2018) 57 Black Diamond Park, Newtown, Chester CH1 3ET (Graham’s day off is Friday) Phone (01244) 325302, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Associate Vicar, Rev Ralph Kemp contact details: Phone 07762 847211, email email@example.com
- Administrator, Carys Addison: If you wish to contact the church on any administration matters or if you have any notices for inclusion in future notice sheets, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07443 584528 and leave a message. (Wednesday noon is the deadline for notices). Office days: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Sunday School: During the 11.00am service, Christ Church operates two children’s groups, Gems, the younger group is aimed at ages 2-6 years (under 2’s welcome with an accompanying adult). Rocksolid, the older group is for children aged 6 plus. For babies and under 2’s, there is a purpose built Crèche area in the vestry, complete with a TV link to the service. For further details, speak to Hannah Giddings email@example.com and Beatrix Calow firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop In: For information about Drop In, please contact Mattie Reilly: email@example.com
- D’Biz: For enquiries about our youth group, contact Eli Mitchell: firstname.lastname@example.org or Denzel Collins email@example.com.
- Connect Groups: Joining a Christ Church Connect Group is a great way to enjoy mid-week fellowship and Bible study. If you are interested and would like more information, please phone or text our Connect Group Coordinator, Anne Green on 07592 050040
- Giving at Christ Church: Giving or tithing is an important part of being a member of a church. At Christ Church we don’t take a collection at the 11.00am service, but you can give either via the donation box at the back of church, directly via the ‘4 Ways to Give’ page of the website, or by setting up a standing order at your bank. Forms are also available on the website; go to ‘Giving’ then ‘4 Ways to Give’. www.christchurchchester.com
- Text Giving: Don’t forget you can now donate to Christ Church via your mobile. Just text CHCH33 £3 to 70070 and you will donate £3 to Christ Church.
- Expense claims and other administration paperwork: Please place in the postbox marked ‘Church Admin’ in the vestry on the wall by the safe. Alternatively, post through the Mission House letterbox.
- Church Website: Our website has a backlog of past sermons, and information about what’s going on at church on www.christchurchchester.com. You can also follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/christchurchchester), Twitter (www.twitter.com/ChChChester) and Instagram www.instagram.com/christchurchchester
- Hearing Loop: A Hearing or Induction Loop takes a sound source and transfers it directly to a hearing aid without background noise, interference or acoustical distortion. This facility is available at Christ Church, but please be aware that it is not compatible with the music microphone system at the 11 o’clock service.