If you would like a sneak preview of the notices and save us paper, email email@example.com to add your name to the mailing list.
Sunday 20th January 2019
|20th January (3rd of Epiphany)
Clothing the Saints: Exploring the Biblical Language of Clothing
The technicolour dream-coat (Joseph)
9.30 am Morning Prayer Ralph Kemp & Graham Shaw
11.00 am Informal Worship Ed Newman & Graham Shaw
Readings Genesis 37:1-4, 28-36
Coming up at Christ Church
|Sun 20th 9.45am Host Team Breakfast Mission House
11.00am Gems, Rocksolid & The Crypt Mission House/Church
3.00pm Drop In Church
Mon 21st 9.30am Mums & Toddlers Mission House
7.00pm Alpha Team Training Mission House
Wed 23rd 8.00pm Church Prayer Gathering Church
Thurs 24th 7.00pm Connect Group Leaders Mission House
- Term Cards: Don’t forget to pick up one (or a few) of our new Term Cards featuring the sermon series on Clothing in the Bible. They are available at the back of church and will keep you up to date on what is happening at Christ Church right up to Easter 2019.
- Student Weekend Away: The Student weekend was a real success, both in terms of fun and fellowship – someone was heard to say that they hadn’t enjoyed themselves so much for a long time! Thanks to everyone on the team and also everyone who provided the much-appreciated and delicious food.
- Christ Church Prayer Gathering: There will be a whole church prayer gathering for an hour on the evening of Wednesday 23rd January, 8.00 – 9.00pm at church, when we come together to pray for the coming term and events. All are welcome.
- Get Connected: 27th January is ‘Get Connected Sunday’ at Church. This is an opportunity to get to know all about the different ministries which help to make Christ Church what it is, as each ministry team will be available to talk and answer questions about what they do at church. Take your chance to chat after either the 9.30 or 11.00am service. Collect stickers for a possible edible treat…
- Alpha 2019: Beginning on Monday 28th January 2019, the Alpha Course will run for eight weeks at Christ Church. Every Monday, 7.00pm at the Mission House. If you are interested in exploring the Christian faith and what it does/could mean to you, contact Shona at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Cooking for Alpha: If anyone is prepared to cook meals for Alpha, please let Shona know. Don’t forget that you can claim expenses back so keep your receipts.
- Worship @ 7: The ever popular Worship @ 7 begins this term on Sunday 3rd February for six weeks until Sunday 10th If you haven’t been to this evening service before, why not come along for a time of informal worship and hear reflections from people who do not usually speak from the front. 7.00pm at Christ Church.
- Accommodation: Is there anyone living pretty central to Chester who could give Tobi Fagbemi a place to stay from the beginning of February for a few weeks, until he starts a new job? Tobi, a member of Christ Church for the last few years, has finished Uni at Chester and would like to stay in the area. He is happy to cater for himself but just needs a room. If you can help please call him on 07587 544918 or email email@example.com.
- Mercy Ships: If you would like to keep up with the lovely Lizzy Myers and her amazing adventures with Mercy Ships, here is the link to her blog: https://adventuresinafrica.wixsite.com/mercyships.
- Postage Stamps: Please remember to save used postage stamps, as we are still collecting them in aid of Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research. This was started by Eric Warne and we will continue in his memory. Make sure you leave about 5mm around the stamp so as not to damage the perforation and place in the box at the back of Church. Many thanks.
- Christ Church Mugs: Our beautifully printed mugs are still available for sale with the graphics from Ben’s Ephesians term card now available. If you would like to purchase mugs, please speak to Ed Newman.
- Aglow International: With guest speaker Liz Boote. Liz is the pastor of Light House Church in Dunham On The Hill. She holds revival meetings monthly and longs for God’s Kingdom to come on earth as it is in Heaven. Monday 21st January, 15pm at Vicars Cross Golf Club, Tarvin Road, Chester CH3 7HN. Tea, coffee, cake £3. For full details call Ann on 07740 859921.
- Womens World Day of Prayer: There will be a committee meeting to discuss and plan the Day of Prayer service in March on Friday 25th January 10.00am at Wesley Methodist Church, St. John Street, Chester; a rehearsal on Thursday 28th February, 10.30 am at St Werburgh’s RC Church, Grosvenor Park Road and the service, set by the women of Slovenia will be on Friday 1st March, 10.30 – 11.30am at St Werburgh’s, with the Lord Mayor of Chester in attendance. There will be a debrief on Friday 8th March, 10.00am at Wesley Methodist Church.
- Dementia Day Centre: Do you know anyone who requires respite for an elderly relative or friend with dementia or other age-related conditions? A successful day centre is up and running in Trafford Street, Chester and a new centre is also opening in West Kirby. To book a free taster session or for further details please contact Louise Gornall at 07753 731931.
AND THE USUAL…
- Vicar, Rev Graham Shaw contact details: 57 Black Diamond Park, Newtown, Chester CH1 3ET (Graham’s day off is Friday) Phone (01244) 325302, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Associate Vicar, Rev Ralph Kemp contact details: Phone 07762 847211, email email@example.com
- Administrator, Carys Addison: If you wish to contact the church on any administration matters or if you have any notices for inclusion in future notice sheets, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07443 584528 and leave a message. (Wednesday noon is the deadline for notices). Office days: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Interns: Ed Newman email@example.com, Kerry Bowler firstname.lastname@example.org, Shona Hayes email@example.com
- Sunday School: During the 11.00am service, Christ Church operates two children’s groups, Gems, the younger group is aimed at ages 2-6 years (under 2’s welcome with an accompanying adult). Rocksolid, the older group is for children aged 6 plus. For babies and under 2’s, there is a purpose built Crèche area in the vestry, complete with a TV link to the service. For further details, speak to Hannah Giddings firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop In: For information about Drop In, please contact Sue Ibrahim: email@example.com
- Connect Groups: Joining a Christ Church Connect Group is a great way to enjoy mid-week fellowship and Bible study. If you are interested and would like more information, please email the Connect Group Coordinator Shona Hayes firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Giving at Christ Church: Giving or tithing is an important part of being a member of a church. At Christ Church we don’t take a collection at the 11.00am service, but you can give either via the donation box at the back of church, directly via the ‘4 Ways to Give’ page of the website, or by setting up a standing order at your bank. Forms are also available on the website; go to ‘Giving’ then ‘4 Ways to Give’. www.christchurchchester.com
- Text Giving: Don’t forget you can now donate to Christ Church via your mobile. Just text CHCH33 £3 to 70070 and you will donate £3 to Christ Church.
- Expense claims and other administration paperwork: Please place in the postbox marked ‘Church Admin’ in the vestry on the wall by the safe. Alternatively, post through the Mission House letterbox.
- Church Website: Our website has a backlog of past sermons, and information about what’s going on at church on www.christchurchchester.com. You can also follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/christchurchchester), Twitter (www.twitter.com/ChChChester) and Instagram www.instagram.com/christchurchchester
- Hearing Loop: A Hearing or Induction Loop takes a sound source and transfers it directly to a hearing aid without background noise, interference or acoustical distortion. This facility is available at Christ Church, but please be aware that it is not compatible with the music microphone system at the 11 o’clock service.