If you would like a sneak preview of the notices and save us paper, email email@example.com to add your name to the mailing list.
Sunday 21st July 2019
|21st July (5th after Trinity)
Samuel: The Last Judge
9.30 am Morning Prayer Ralph Kemp & Graham Shaw
11.00 am Holy Communion with the Dedication of Lydia Giddings Ralph Kemp & Graham Shaw
Readings 1 Samuel 13:1-15
Coming up at Christ Church
|Sun 21st 11.00am Gems, Rocksolid & The Crypt Mission House/Church
3.00pm Drop In Church
- Dedication: This Sunday 21st July during the 11.00am service, Chris and Hannah Giddings are bringing their ‘gorgeous daughter number two’, Lydia Faith to be Dedicated. Please pray for the family as Sunday approaches and support them at the service as Lydia is dedicated to God and welcomed into the church.
- Daytime Connect Group: Kathryn and Kat are meeting on Thursday 25th July for a coffee in Brook Street Cafe at 10.30am. Anyone is welcome to join them; this may be the start of a new daytime connect group. For more details please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Drop In BBQ: To celebrate the end of another successful year, Drop In will hold their annual Summer BBQ on Sunday 28th July and then will take a well-earned break until September. If you would like any information about volunteering for Drop In next term, please speak to Sue Ibrahim.
- Kids Groups: Gems, Rocksolid and Crypt will be taking a break over the summer. There will be cover in the form of a combined group except Sunday 4th August as many families are away at New Wine. Groups will begin again on Sunday 1st September.
- New Wine: The Christ Church ‘New Winers’ are heading over to Peterborough for Week 2: Sunday 4th – Saturday 10th Just to let you know that if you can’t make the whole week, there are Half Week tickets available, either for the first half of the week Saturday 4th – Wednesday 7th August, or the second half Wednesday 7th – Saturday 10th August. For more information go to https://www.new-wine.org/week-2.
- Volunteer at Christ Church: Most churches run smoothly because of the willingness of people who serve as volunteers. At Christ Church we have many ministries such as Drop In; Kids work; Worship; Prayer; Host Team and there are also various other ways in which people can serve – readers at both services, flowers, the sound desk and visuals, cleaning and the list goes on… If you would like to become more involved at church, please contact Carys, either on a Sunday at church or by email email@example.com. A big thank you to all the people who give their time and skills.
- Bring & Share: As usual, there will be no Bring & Share Lunch in August as many families will be away at New Wine. The next lunch will be on Sunday 1st September.
- Interns 2019/2020: Just in case you missed this last week, Shona Hayes will return in September for a second year as Intern and she will be joined by Tobi Fagbemi and Dion Turnbull. This will be the eighth (I think) year of our Intern Programme and it really is a great opportunity to develop leadership and ministry skills while serving God’s church.
- Appointment of Curate: Again, in case you missed last week, these are indeed exciting times for Christ Church as a new Curate is set to join the leadership team. These things take time to organise and so Anna Leyden will not be officially joining us until June 2020 but we are so looking forward to welcoming her aboard.
- Church & Mission House Hire: Our church and also the Mission House are now very busy with bookings to hire the space. If you are hoping to hold an event/meeting/practice in either space, please book well in advance – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By Still Waters: Continuing the series of Reflections on the Psalms, on Monday 9th September the Rev’d Roger Clarke leads a look at Psalm 137. The day begins with coffee at 9.30am and ends with tea at 3.30pm. £23 per person including lunch and refreshments. Booking forms available from email@example.com or call 01928 733777.
- Living in the Spirit 7 Days a Week: Led by Kevin and Anne Roberts on Wednesday 11th September 4.00pm to Friday 13th September 2.00pm. Life in the Spirit is for 24/7 and for the whole of life, in all it’s varied circumstances. Take a look at what it means to pray ‘Come Holy Spirit’ day by day and how to trace His presence and provision in the different seasons and experiences of life. Kevin was in parish ministry before becoming Archdeacon of Carlisle and more recently Director of ReSource, a ministry which enables little, local and ordinary churches engage with the Holy Spirit for renewal, discipleship and mission. Anne has been hospital and school chaplain and for two years was domestic Chaplain to the Bishop of Bath and Wells and Chaplain to the Bishop’s Palace, it’s staff and visitors. She now also works for ReSource. £170 includes en-suite accommodation, all meals and refreshments. To book email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- West Cheshire Foodbank: Volunteers are the driving force behind foodbanks and there are thousands of volunteers across the UK helping the foodbank network get emergency food to people in crisis. There are many ways to get involved so if you are interested visit the website volunteer page https://westcheshire.foodbank.org.uk/give-help/volunteer/ for details of how you could provide your skills. Don’t forget that here at Christ Church we have a designated box for food donations so if you would like to give, check the WCF website for a current shopping list. Many thanks to all who donate regularly.
AND THE USUAL…
- Vicar, Rev Graham Shaw contact details: 57 Black Diamond Park, Newtown, Chester CH1 3ET (Graham’s day off is Friday) Phone (01244) 325302, email email@example.com.
- Associate Vicar, Rev Ralph Kemp contact details: (Ralph’s day off is Saturday) Phone 07762 847211, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Administrator, Carys Addison: If you wish to contact the church on any administration matters or if you have any notices for inclusion in future notice sheets, please email email@example.com or call 07443 584528 and leave a message. (Wednesday noon is the deadline for notices). Office days: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Interns: Watch this space…
- Sunday School: During the 11.00am service, Christ Church operates three children’s groups, Gems, the younger group is aimed at ages 2-6 years (under 2’s welcome with an accompanying adult). Rocksolid is for children aged 6 plus. Crypt is our new group for ages 10 and over. For babies and under 2’s, there is a purpose built Crèche area in the vestry, complete with a TV link to the service. For further details, speak to Hannah Giddings firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop In: For information about Drop In, please contact Sue Ibrahim: email@example.com
- Connect Groups: Joining a Christ Church Connect Group is a great way to enjoy mid-week fellowship and Bible study. If you are interested and would like more information, please email the Connect Group Coordinator Shona Hayes firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Building Maintenance: If you notice and building-related problem either at church or the Mission House, do please contact Andrew Wigglesworth email@example.com who is one of our Church Wardens.
- Giving at Christ Church: Giving or tithing is an important part of being a member of a church. At Christ Church we don’t take a collection at the 11.00am service, but you can give either via the donation box at the back of church, directly via the ‘4 Ways to Give’ page of the website, or by setting up a standing order at your bank. Forms are also available on the website; go to ‘Giving’ then ‘4 Ways to Give’. www.christchurchchester.com
- Expense claims and other administration paperwork: Please place in the postbox marked ‘Church Admin’ in the vestry on the wall by the safe. Alternatively, post through the Mission House letterbox.
- Church Website: Our website has a backlog of past sermons, and information about what’s going on at church on www.christchurchchester.com. You can also follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/christchurchchester), Twitter (www.twitter.com/ChChChester) and Instagram www.instagram.com/christchurchchester
- Hearing Loop: A Hearing or Induction Loop takes a sound source and transfers it directly to a hearing aid without background noise, interference or acoustical distortion. This facility is available at Christ Church, but please be aware that it is not compatible with the music microphone system at the 11 o’clock service.