Welcome to new and returning students! Christ Church Chester is an fantastic place to be part of our student community. Situated in Newtown (a short 10 minute walk from the University), Christ Church has a diverse congregation with a heart for knowing Jesus more.
For a number of years we have had a fantastic relationship with the Student Community. Our hope as a Church is to help you find your spiritual home here in Chester. At Christ Church we don’t want you to be ‘just another student,’ instead we hope that you feel a part of the Church family. In everything we do we want you to be challenged, inspired and filled by our amazing, loving God. There are a number of things we offer across the course of the year for our students;
- Weekly coffees with a student team member
- Study Cafe – We open our community centre as a space to work together, as we honour God in our work and the opportunities He has given to us
- Student Weekend Away – A chance to escape, spend time with God and one another in a relaxed environment
- Adopt-a-Student – a chance to have your own family at Christ Church.
- Student Connect Group – Meeting every Friday at 7:30pm in the Mission House, this is a chance to feel welcome as part of our student body, to read scripture and pray for one another as we try to follow Jesus better
- End of Term Celebratory BBQ – exactly what it says on the tin!
Part of the Church’s vision statement is “as we have fun together.” We try to demonstrate that fun loving community through all that we do.
An integral part of worshipping at a Church is serving the Church. There are loads of opportunities to use and develop your gifts in one of our various ministries including: Children’s and Youth work, our Community Drop-In, the Worship team, the AV Team, the list keeps on going!
Here are some comments from Students past and present about their experiences with Christ Church:
“I feel like I belong at Christ Church, and have been able to use my gifts and talents.”
“Christ Church is a great community with loads to support students and help them develop!”
“Christ Church is a home full of welcoming friendly people, and has a reassuring atmosphere to bring new Christians into.”
“Christ Church is a home away from home. It is a great Church family that encourages you to grow in your gifts!”
Get In Touch
Better still come to Church on Sunday and we will hopefully be able to help you.